Last Updated: August 8, 2022. Report error / Make suggestion

Multiple Counties

CLEAR Line – Northwest Justice Project

CLEAR Hotline: 1-888-201-1014

Serves all counties in Washington.

Legal hotline for people who are low income. Persons seeking legal help outside King County are asked to call the CLEAR hotline, or in King County dial 211, for case screening and appropriate referral to NJP local offices or other civil legal aid.

* Due to the volume of calls CLEAR receives, CLEAR sometimes experiences long wait times. We encourage people to keep trying to call during the hotline hours. If you call CLEAR repeatedly and are unable to get through, or if you have a disability and need an accommodation, please contact your local field office.*

Mark Muenster

1010 Esther Street Vancouver, WA 98660

Serves Clark, Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, Pacific, and Skamania counties.

Can provide representation for a fee of $200/hour (cases typically take less than two hours). Contact through website contact form is best.

Vitaliy Kertchen, Attorney at Law

Kertchen Law, PLLC
917 S 10th St. Tacoma, WA 98405

Provides representation for vacates/restorations at a flat fee that starts at $1,000 statewide. Can accommodate two or three-part monthly payment plans. For those seeking to hire, please fill out the form on the website and that will start the process for a free consultation.

Clark County

Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program

1104 Main Street, Plaza One Vancouver, WA 98660

Provides one-on-one advising appointments for records vacating with paperwork support from an attorney (guided pro se). Possible representation on a case by case basis.

King County

King County Bar Association

1200 5th Ave #700, Seattle, WA 98101
Intake line: 206-267-7028

Provides free legal services to vacate eligible criminal convictions for individuals at or below 200% of the federal poverty line. Call the intake line to see if you are eligible.

Lavender Rights Project

2425 6th Ave S. Seattle, WA 98134

Can provide full legal representation for LGBTQ individuals seeking to vacate their records.

Pierce County


621 Tacoma Avenue South, Suite 303, Tacoma, Washington, 98402

Walk-In Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9-4 (closed for lunch from noon-1:15 daily). Can help with civil legal issues in Pierce County when you cannot afford to hire an attorney. You do not have to be a Pierce County resident to get help with your case.

Spokane County

Center for Justice

35 West Main, Suite 300 Spokane, WA 99201
Phone: 509-835-5211 (ask for a “Conviction Clearing Intake”)

Provides affordable legal assistance with vacating adult convictions in the Spokane County court system. Cost is $200 for Vacate and Expungement Assistance and $200 for Sealing Assistance (detailed information on vouchers, scholarships and sliding scale fee arrangements on website).

The information on this website is not legal advice. You should not and are not authorized to rely on this website as a source of legal advice. While Civil Survival goes to great lengths to make sure the information on the website is accurate, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information and are not responsible for any consequences that may result from the use of this website. We recommend that you consult with an attorney for assurance that the information on the website and your interpretation of it are appropriate for your situation.

More Legal Support Guides

Reducing Legal Financial Obligations

If you were convicted of a crime in Washington, you may be eligible for relief from some or all of the legal financial obligations (LFOs) attached to your case(s). The amount of relief you may be eligible for depends on the type of conviction, the types of LFOs assessed, and your financial resources.

Guide to Determining Blake Eligibility

The Washington State Supreme Court’s ruling in the case State v. Blake found that the law criminalizing drug possession, RCW 69.50.4013, was unconstitutional. As a result of this ruling, any prior conviction under this law, and certain other related law, can be removed from your criminal record.

Vacating a Misdemeanor Conviction

Washington law allows for certain misdemeanor convictions to be vacated if specific criteria are met. This means that the conviction will be treated as if it never occurred.

Vacating a Felony Conviction

Washington law allows for certain felony convictions to be vacated if specific criteria are met. This means that the conviction will be treated as if it never occurred.

Legal Financial Obligations (LFOs) FAQ

Legal financial obligations (LFOs) are debts related to a criminal conviction, including fines, costs and fees and restitution imposed by the court as part of a criminal sentence.

Warrants FAQ

Learn what warrants are, how they impact you, and one happens if you have one.