Various occupations in Washington require that you first obtain the proper professional license. A criminal conviction may have a different impact on your ability to get a license depending on the profession you are seeking to join. Below are guides that detail the potential impact of a criminal record on your ability to join just a small number of the many career fields that require an occupational license.
Washington law now allows for you to submit an initial application to the Department of Licensing in order to determine if your criminal history would disqualify you from a particular profession. To learn more about this process click here.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Licensing Guide
- Education Certification Guide (“Common”/Public Schools ONLY)
- Hairdresser/Cosmetologist Licensing Guide
- Medical Professional Licensing Guide
- Private Investigator/Security Guard Licensing Guide
- Real Estate Licensing Guide
- Substance Use Disorder Professionals Licensing Guide